Tips for Fundraising with Flags
Consider our advice to create a successful and profitable fundraiser.
First, establish your organization’s fundraising goal:
- Determine the total profit goal of the fundraising initiative.
- Identify what the funds raised will be used for.
- Determine what upfront costs will be required, then verify that you have the funds.
- Don’t forget to adjust your fundraising goal accordingly if your program’s initial success is greater than you expected.
Assign leadership responsibilities:
- Identify the Leader of your Flag for Fundraising initiative.
- Ensure they are available throughout the duration of your entire fundraiser.
- Great communication and organization skills are key.
Organize your fundraising teams:
- Identify your Planning Committee.
- Assign team members who will be responsible for selling.
- Assign team members to collect all the funds that you raise.
- Assign team members for flagpole set installation.
- Assign team members to uninstall flagpole sets, if needed.
Decide Which Flag for Fundraising to Sell
- American Outdoor flagpole sets – two sizes
- American Indoor flagpole set – one size
- Service flagpole sets – six types, outdoor and indoor
- Custom flagpole sets for special events
Create Your Flag for Fundraising Account
Choose a Fundraising Program and Sales Procedure
- Sponsorship Style by hosting a Flags for Honor event
- Including Honor Medallions
- Flagpole Set Rental Program
- One-Time Purchase
Determine a Sales Price for your Fundraising Program
- Price your flagpole sets so that you can make a profit.
- Consider the average income of your community to price your flags appropriately.
- If purchased from Flags for Fundraising for $30.00, consider selling for $50 to make a $20 profit.
Order your Flagpole Sets
- Your flagpole sets from Flag for Fundraising should be your only upfront expense.
Install your Flagpole Sets
- Train your Installation Team well.
- Determine an installation date with your buyers.
- Or install immediately after purchase.
Promote Your Fundraising Campaign
- Post and distribute promotional signs around your community.
- Solicit free local radio or TV media.
- Utilize social media by posting messaging and creating a Facebook event.
- Print an ad in the local newspaper.
Collect Your Funds
- Determine a deadline to collect all funds to the designated treasurer.
Recognize and Celebrate Your Team
- Celebrate a successful and profitable fundraiser! Show your team members your appreciation by hosting a small celebration party or by giving prizes for the top sellers.